Monday, January 21, 2013

1/21/13 Monday greetings

Hello friends and family--Gabrielle here.

Happy Monday to you all!


I didn't sleep very well last night with so many thoughts swirling in my head, but it's great to know there are three couches and numerous beds within steps of me whenever I need to rest today.


Daniel is home with me and Renee will be home soon (since Monday's are her day off).  We are having a mellow morning.  We walked to the end of the block and back enjoying the ping of little ice chips melting off the trees on our street and feeling as though we were in London with all the fog.  We have been paperwork maniacs this morning.  All bills are paid.  Tax statements are in the file awaiting our CPA's magic touch in February.  Medical leave paperwork is printed out and ready for my doctor to sign  tomorrow.  Daniel is busy writing thank you notes for so many kindnesses.  It feels good to accomplish a few things!


Reflecting with thanks about simple pleasures.  Yesterday I was in heaven having a long, heart-felt talk with my friend Sue while sipping tea by the fireplace.  Today I was so thankful just for a long hot shower and shampoo, all on my own. Even did the duct taping of the port-o-cath all by myself.  Have also been enjoying the little birds going crazy over the freshly filled bird feeder and suet outside my living room window.  And last night I was thankful for the escape of television.  Particularly, Hawaii 5-O.  Steve McGarrett and Danno are the two heroes, of course, and I like that I have my own Steve and "Danno" at home!   And my sweet Renee who is another one of my heroes each day.  Last night 5-O rescued Chin from near death in a prison riot.  Cancer is nothing compared to watching Chin and 5-O battle hundreds of rioting prisoners who trying to kill Chin!  And then there was Downton Abbey.  I only watched episode two last night--so don't spill the beans yet on episode three!  Hope to catch that one tonight.  It is so calming to escape to that lovely English estate with all the characters you grow to love (or despise, as in Thomas).


Now we will pull out some delicious leftovers from all of you who have so lovingly provided meals and have lunch.  Then some rest. Then another walk.  Simple days, simple pleasures.  Thanking God for the gift of life this day, and for all of you who are praying for us.  This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!  (Psa. 118:24)


Blessings!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're getting around and eating! Like you I take refuge in Frasier and Downton Abbey so I won't spoil the episode 3 plot. I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as you plan the next step with your doctors. Insomnia is my companion as well so I will pray for you when I'm awake in the night, which is often; remember that if you are awake yourself.

    Laurie C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping you are collecting all kinds of napping hours, being in your own bed and all...... - Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful :) thank you for sharing the things that have touched you!

    ReplyDelete