Wednesday, February 27, 2013

2/27/13 Mid-week update

Dear Family and Friends,

Gabrielle here.  This will be brief since Steve pretty much told you about my week in his last post.  I am SO glad to be rid of the infected abdominal port that has given me nothing but grief since I got it in January.  It's 3:30 PM Wed. and so far today, no pain pills other than ibuprofen!  Hooray!  I "think" the horrible pain on my right side is going away too now that the port is out.  Maybe it was referred pain from the infection and/or port. 


I am also really glad I got the blood yesterday.  It takes forever for it to drip into you, but we watched Runaway Bride and played Scrabble, so the time passed pleasantly.  I feel so much better today!  Pink cheeks (instead of white), energy, not dizzy when I stand up, etc.  Thank you to every one of you who donate blood so people like me can have some! 


I enjoyed a wonderful luncheon with my friends Jan and Sue today.  Jan brought the delicious meal and we celebrated my b-day (belatedly) and Sue's b-day (next week). 


Now I am about to put on my rain pants and coat and go for my exercise walk with Steve, who got off work early today!  While we are out, Daniel, who just returned from the gym, will be making us chicken pot pies for dinner.  He is doing everything in his power to fatten me up!  My mom will join us for dinner too, but alas, Renee is very ill with the flu, so can't come over yet.  Please remember her in your prayers if you will.


Lastly, I wanted to share this Scripture and thought from my friend Laurie.  It is from Isaiah 43 and it inspired me.


When you pass through the waters,

I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze
For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior

Says Laurie, "The nice thing about the storm he calmed when He was in the boat with the disciples on the sea was that they saw Jesus' power.  But this reminds me of His presence when the storm doesn't subside and we still have water up to our necks or smoke in our eyes."


I've had days in the last two months with water up to my neck and smoke in my eyes and I can say with 100% certainty...He has been, and remains, with me through it all.  Thanks be to God!


Love,

Gaby

No comments:

Post a Comment