Monday, April 22, 2013

4/22/13 Vancouver Here We Come!

Dear family and friends,

Gabrielle here.  Just a quick note to say that Daniel and I are "going for it" with our trip to Vancouver BC on the train tomorrow...and hoping for the best!


Today I got I/V fluids and anti-nausea medicine to help counteract the double chemo side effects from Friday.  This should shore me up for the trip.  And I've had three days of the stomach shots of neupogen to bring up my white cell counts, so hopefully, with two more days of shots, my counts will be looking better during the trip.


The bummer, speaking as a foodie, is that pretty much all food tastes like metal or nothing to me right now, which is a shame when going to a great restaurant city like Vancouver.  Oh well.  I will vicariously enjoy watching Daniel savor the flavors of our food!


And the good news is, the weather report is looking clear and sunny, which will be great for walking around Stanley Park, Granville Island, and the city.  Hooray!


Daniel has been really busy this week but eventually will put up our latest golf photos.  And hopefully, we'll have some fun photos from Vancouver that we can post when we get back.


Thanks to my friends David and Janet for the wonderful CD of songs that encourage you when you are going through hard times.  I turned the CD player up loud while home alone today and let the words and music seep into and touch my soul.  Thanks to my neighbor, Cheryl, for the gorgeous tulips that arrived on our porch this week, and to my friend Doris who not only had a long, hilly, sunny walk with me today through Innis Arden, but who also brought us a pot of homemade soup and a loaf of homemade bread for dinner!  And as always, thanks to those of you who sent wonderful cards this week (you know who you are and you are dear to me)!


Lastly, I was encouraged by this Bible verse from my friend Ted today:  1 Peter 5:10


"And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast."


I am indeed holding out great hope that after five more chemos, culminating five months of suffering a "little while," that God will indeed restore my health and make me strong, firm, and steadfast.  Thanks for all your prayers for my family and me toward this end!


Love,

Gabrielle

No comments:

Post a Comment